Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New iPhone and Phone Carriers

So I am a part of the iPhone Upgrade program and I'm looking to get the new iPhone 12. I am also about to get off my parents phone plan with Verizon and get on my own. I have been looking into Spectrum as my service provider. Is it possible to get the new iPhone with spectrum as my service provider? Because when I try to upgrade my phone, in the carriers section it only has Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, and Sprint. Any insight or other suggestions on this would help.

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 16, 2020 12:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 16, 2020 12:59 PM

Ordering through the Apple Site, you'll note Spectrum is not listed. They are new to providing service to iPhone and whether they can sell you a phone directly, I don't know, but I suspect they cannot yet. You can however order a Sim Free iPhone, paying for the phone in full, then take your phone to Spectrum to use on their network if it's Spectrum you want as your carrier.

Please Note: Spectrum does NOT provide service for Apple Watch, so if you have an Apple Watch or plan to get Apple Watch, you may want to rethink going with Spectrum at this time.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 16, 2020 12:59 PM in response to Dsnalls

Ordering through the Apple Site, you'll note Spectrum is not listed. They are new to providing service to iPhone and whether they can sell you a phone directly, I don't know, but I suspect they cannot yet. You can however order a Sim Free iPhone, paying for the phone in full, then take your phone to Spectrum to use on their network if it's Spectrum you want as your carrier.

Please Note: Spectrum does NOT provide service for Apple Watch, so if you have an Apple Watch or plan to get Apple Watch, you may want to rethink going with Spectrum at this time.

New iPhone and Phone Carriers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.