Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i use amazon prime with my apple tv

Posted on Oct 16, 2020 4:50 PM

3 replies

Oct 17, 2020 4:47 PM in response to aprilfromcoshocton

• If you have an Apple TV (2nd generation), then it can’t have Amazon Prime Video.
  • If you have an Apple TV (3rd generation) with software version 7.2.2 or later, then it will have the Amazon Prime Video app automatically. You still have to register the device with Amazon and with your Amazon account with a paid Prime subscription.
  • If you have an Apple TV (4th generation or later), with software version 11 or later, then you can download the Amazon Prime Video app from the on-device App Store. You still have to register the device with Amazon and with your Amazon account with a paid Prime subscription.

The Amazon Prime Video app doesn’t have in-app purchases. You will have to get a Prime subscription directly with Amazon. If you want to additionally buy or rent titles from Amazon that are not included with Prime by default, then you will have to do so outside of this app (e.g. on the web) to add items to your Amazon account. Then you can view those titles in the Amazon Prime Video app on your Apple device(s).

(Similar for Netflix, but Netflix is still supported on Apple TV (2nd generation). Netflix needs a pre-existing subscription. No in-app purchase available.)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.