Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos Not Opening

I recently purchased a 2020 MacBook Pro and migrated my 2013 MacBook Air information from Time Machine. However, when I try to open up Photos, it's telling me that "The library “iPhoto Library.photoslibrary” could not be recognized." Even if I create a new Library, it gives me the same error message. I'm running OS 10.15.7.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 16, 2020 8:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 17, 2020 9:53 AM

kmlydy wrote:
Even if I create a new Library, it gives me the same error message. I'm running OS 10.15.7.

Are you saying you can't open and use a new library?

Try restoring your iPhoto library from your Time Machine backup using the directions in this schematic screenshot and see if you can migrate it to a new Photos library:

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 17, 2020 9:53 AM in response to kmlydy

kmlydy wrote:
Even if I create a new Library, it gives me the same error message. I'm running OS 10.15.7.

Are you saying you can't open and use a new library?

Try restoring your iPhoto library from your Time Machine backup using the directions in this schematic screenshot and see if you can migrate it to a new Photos library:

Photos Not Opening

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.