Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Weird pop-up on the official Apple Store App

opened the Apple Store App 5.9 version & iOS 14.0.1 on my iPhone 8 Plus

this popped up. Why would Apple Music pop up in the Apple Store App?

anyone else have this happen to them?

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 16, 2020 10:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 25, 2020 9:59 PM

jasonflying Said:

"opened the Apple Store App 5.9 version & iOS 14.0.1 on my iPhone 8 Plus this popped up. Why would Apple Music pop up in the Apple Store App? anyone else have this happen to them?"

-------

Something has Permission (or wants permission):

Go Here: Apple Music & Privacy - Apple Support

Apparently, there is an app Permitted to Access this information (Apple Music?). So, power off your iPhone, and perform what I've highlighted below: On the iPhone itself and in Apple Music Account Settings (for older apps) on your Mac.

Screenshot:

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 25, 2020 9:59 PM in response to jasonflying

jasonflying Said:

"opened the Apple Store App 5.9 version & iOS 14.0.1 on my iPhone 8 Plus this popped up. Why would Apple Music pop up in the Apple Store App? anyone else have this happen to them?"

-------

Something has Permission (or wants permission):

Go Here: Apple Music & Privacy - Apple Support

Apparently, there is an app Permitted to Access this information (Apple Music?). So, power off your iPhone, and perform what I've highlighted below: On the iPhone itself and in Apple Music Account Settings (for older apps) on your Mac.

Screenshot:

Oct 28, 2020 1:49 PM in response to jasonflying

I’ve seen it with the Apple Store App and the iTunes music store on my iPad Pro. I assume it is because both both sites have the option to purchase subscriptions for Apple DRM content. Since that subscription content is hosted by Apple, they know what your subscribing to and are simply telling you that if you enable notifications for those, you’re going to be getting targeted ads and offers.

Oct 29, 2020 4:27 PM in response to Michael Black

so it’s definitely from Apple? That’s all I was concerned about more than anything else.

it has also popped up in iMessages with me on my iPhone. And I’m not subscribed to Apple Music either nor is the app downloaded on my iPhone. That’s what is freaking me out. Thank you for the answer I was looking for & for everyone else who answered too. I appreciate it!

Oct 29, 2020 5:44 PM in response to jasonflying

I have not seen it in the messaging app on any if my devices, or at least not yet. I have one single subscription of any kind and that is my iCloud storage subscription. But it is from Apple and it’s a disclosure that if your going to allow notifications for those apps ( I have not done so) you’re going to get targeted notifications based on whatever data Apple has from your content in those apps. Fair enough I say, but I also don’t need notifications from any of Apple’s online stores, so I just decline to enable notification at all when I’ve seen it.

Weird pop-up on the official Apple Store App

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.