📢 Newsroom Update

The iPhone 16 and iPhone 16 Pro lineups, Apple Watch Series 10, the new black titanium Apple Watch Ultra 2, AirPods 4, and new colors for AirPods Max are now available! Learn more >

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Learn about all the features, apps, and settings of your iPhone

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone12 USA version European carrier

Hi,

Today I have an important question for you.

As you know all Iphone12 sold in United States are compatible with the mmwave network and they support more frequencies compare to the European version:

-Bands n260-n261 for mmwave

-Bands n71 for 5G

-Bands 14-29-71 for FDD LTE

I’m working in USA but I’m living in Europe. So do you think that It will be possibile purchase an Iphone pro in USA and registered it with European carrier? Or there is a limitation/block that’s means it will be impossible for the mobile purchased in USA being registered with a carrier outside the country.

I don’t want buy a new phone that doesn’t work at the best when is in roaming in your USA.

iPhone

Posted on Oct 16, 2020 10:46 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 17, 2020 12:15 AM

I reckon you can buy a SIM-free version in the USA, which will work with any carrier (both, inside and outside the USA).

I have read that the SIM-free versions of the iPhone 12 in the USA and iPhone 12 purchased outside the USA will not have the compatibility for the 5G mmWave network.

Please confirm this with Apple before you purchase! 5G is new and I, of course, do not have any personal experience with it!

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 17, 2020 12:15 AM in response to silvio248

I reckon you can buy a SIM-free version in the USA, which will work with any carrier (both, inside and outside the USA).

I have read that the SIM-free versions of the iPhone 12 in the USA and iPhone 12 purchased outside the USA will not have the compatibility for the 5G mmWave network.

Please confirm this with Apple before you purchase! 5G is new and I, of course, do not have any personal experience with it!

Iphone12 USA version European carrier

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.