Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can i delete previous ios installers

I have an older “Install macOS Sierra” and “Install macOS Mojave” on my hard drive. Can I delete them?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.12

Posted on Oct 17, 2020 2:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 17, 2020 2:29 PM

iOS is for Apple's mobile devices such as the iPad and iPhone. Those are just what they say as part of file name - macOS.

But yes, you can delete them if you want. Though you may want to keep copies on an external drive so you have them for future use.

7 replies

Oct 18, 2020 9:09 AM in response to Kurt Lang

I wonder if I could ask another question. When I try to open up my photo library I get a message that says, “This library contains items that need to download from iCloud photo library. To download the complete library delete the incomplete items then set this library as the System photo library in preferences and enable iCloud photo library. This will disable the iCloud photo library on any other libraries.” And then I have an option to delete incomplete items or quit what happens if I delete incomplete items what are incomplete items?

can i delete previous ios installers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.