Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Forgot password for ipad while setting up

While I was setting up my ipad I have forgotten the password i’ve put while setting it up due to a mis click. I took off the device from my apple id on my iphone. the ipad is disabled right now. I have a computer with itunes but my ipad isn’t connected to the icloud account. I need help with this since i

took of the icloud account on my ipad

from my iphone. Please try and help me asap

iPad (6th gen) WiFi

Posted on Oct 17, 2020 2:34 PM

3 replies

Oct 17, 2020 3:52 PM in response to mrraw

Here is a helpful video.

The iPad will need to be placed in recovery mode before it can be erased. The article below has instructions. Contact Apple Support for further assistance.

• If you forgot the passcode on your iPad, or your iPad is disabled - Apple Support
    • "Make sure that your iPad isn't connected to your computer."
    • "Press and hold the Top button until the power off slider appears. Drag the slider to turn off your iPad. Then connect your iPad to your computer while holding the Home button. Keep holding the Home button until you see the recovery mode screen."
    • "Locate your iPad on your computer. When you see the option to Restore or Update, choose Restore. The Finder or iTunes will download software for your iPad. If it takes more than 15 minutes, your iPad will exit recovery mode and you'll need to repeat the steps above to remove your passcode."
    • "Wait for the process to finish. Then you can set up and use your iPad."

Oct 17, 2020 2:44 PM in response to Sean_W.

Hello, I’ve seen that article but the problem is that i don’t have the device connected on my icloud account therefore is there a possible way i can reset the ipad through itunes without having it connected already. Or can I connect the ipad on itunes without having it previously connected

Forgot password for ipad while setting up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.