Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

where do i find the photos app and how do i find the photos that were in iPhoto

I have not been on my computer in a while...i get an error stating that iPhoto isn't supported in this version; please upgrade to Photos. Where do I find Photos and where do I find the photos that were stored in iPhoto?

Posted on Oct 17, 2020 5:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 17, 2020 8:34 PM

The "Photos" application should have been installed along any recent system version. It would be installed in the main Applications folder.

Once you locate Photos, you can use it to open your old iPhoto library, which it will migrate to a corresponding Photos library with the same content. (In fact, it will share the actual original master photos and videos.) Thereafter, it should use the new Photos library until otherwise directed.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 17, 2020 8:34 PM in response to tgypsy

The "Photos" application should have been installed along any recent system version. It would be installed in the main Applications folder.

Once you locate Photos, you can use it to open your old iPhoto library, which it will migrate to a corresponding Photos library with the same content. (In fact, it will share the actual original master photos and videos.) Thereafter, it should use the new Photos library until otherwise directed.

where do i find the photos app and how do i find the photos that were in iPhoto

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.