Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Contacts gone from share sheet

My contacts are suddenly gone from my share sheet. I’ve searched discussions. “Suggestions when sharing” is turned on, and the app I care about (Messages) is a Favorite. I have restarted the phone. Running iOS 14.0.1. Any ideas?

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 17, 2020 7:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 23, 2020 10:14 PM

I had the same problem for over a week and this is how I fixed it:

Go to ‘Siri & Search’ in Settings and scroll all the way down to ‘Messages’ and make sure that suggestions are toggled ‘on’ there as well (please see photo).

Also, if you have WhatsApp, delete and reinstall it.

10 replies

Oct 22, 2020 9:36 AM in response to victorf13

Hello victorf13,

It sounds like you'd like to get the contacts showing again within your share sheet. We always recommend verifying you have a backup and updating the iPhone iOS.

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Another setting to check is on is in Settings > Contacts > Siri & Search > "Show Siri Suggestions for Contacts" and "Learn from this App". Be sure your contacts show up correctly within the Contacts app. Then test using Safari sharing any webpage to see if the Contacts appear.

If the issue remains, Contact Apple for service and support.

Enjoy your week!

Oct 24, 2020 8:58 AM in response to Ceelo456

Huh!

“Show Siri” was on, but “Learn from” was off. Turned it on, and now seeing some suggested contacts. (Also deleted WhatsApp, because why not.)

To others: If you do this, contacts won’t show up right away — you need to text some people for them to show up.

Fingers crossed this sticks. Thank you Ceelo456!!! (And, thank you for the annotated screenshots — that’s above and beyond!)

Contacts gone from share sheet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.