Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't finish Catalina install, restart loop. Help!

I downloaded the Catalina software and restarted my computer to finish installing it. But halfway through the install, I get an error message saying, "macOS could not be installed on your computer, A disk with a mount point is required. : (-69854) Quit the installer to restart your computer and try again."

When I restart it, I get the same error message. I tried selecting a different startup disk, but there is no other option (the box is empty/blank). How do I get out of this loop?!

iMac 27″, macOS 10.12

Posted on Oct 17, 2020 7:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Similar questions

2 replies

Oct 17, 2020 8:19 PM in response to Lindsk26

Try restarting your computer in recovery mode. Command + R. Just hold the keys down as soon as you restart or power up your computer. It might take a minute or two, but eventually a different screen will show up that might allow you to install an earlier version of OS. Also make sure you are connected to the internet when you do this. Just click in the very top right corner to get to the wifi if you can't see it.

Can't finish Catalina install, restart loop. Help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.