Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't add photos to my Apple Watch face after WatchOS 7.0.2 update

Since the Apple Watch update 7.0.2 I can not add photos to my watch face. Has anyone else experienced this?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Apple Watch

Posted on Oct 17, 2020 8:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 22, 2020 2:44 PM

Hey RCBeachBum,

Thanks for the update. If you are not able to select any photos it may be an issue with the Apple Watch. One thing you can try is to unpair the Apple Watch and then pair it again to the iPhone. Then try to create a new Photos face.

"How to unpair your Apple Watch from your iPhone

1. Keep your Apple Watch and iPhone close together as you unpair them.
  2. Open the Watch app on your iPhone.
  3. Go to the My Watch tab and tap All Watches.
  4. Tap the info button  next to the watch that you want to unpair. 

5. Tap Unpair Apple Watch.

6. For GPS + Cellular models, choose to keep or remove your cellular plan. 
    • If you want to pair your Apple Watch and iPhone again, keep your plan. 
    • If you don't want to pair your Apple Watch and iPhone again, remove your plan. If you aren't going to pair with a different watch or iPhone, you might need to contact your carrier to cancel your cellular subscription. 
  1. Tap again to confirm. You might need to enter your Apple ID password to disable Activation Lock. Before erasing all content and settings on your Apple Watch, your iPhone creates a new backup of your Apple Watch. You can use the backup to restore a new Apple Watch. After your Apple Watch unpairs, you'll see the Start Pairing message.
  2. Set up your Apple Watch again."

Unpair and erase your Apple Watch

Have a good one.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 22, 2020 2:44 PM in response to RCBeachBum

Hey RCBeachBum,

Thanks for the update. If you are not able to select any photos it may be an issue with the Apple Watch. One thing you can try is to unpair the Apple Watch and then pair it again to the iPhone. Then try to create a new Photos face.

"How to unpair your Apple Watch from your iPhone

1. Keep your Apple Watch and iPhone close together as you unpair them.
  2. Open the Watch app on your iPhone.
  3. Go to the My Watch tab and tap All Watches.
  4. Tap the info button  next to the watch that you want to unpair. 

5. Tap Unpair Apple Watch.

6. For GPS + Cellular models, choose to keep or remove your cellular plan. 
    • If you want to pair your Apple Watch and iPhone again, keep your plan. 
    • If you don't want to pair your Apple Watch and iPhone again, remove your plan. If you aren't going to pair with a different watch or iPhone, you might need to contact your carrier to cancel your cellular subscription. 
  1. Tap again to confirm. You might need to enter your Apple ID password to disable Activation Lock. Before erasing all content and settings on your Apple Watch, your iPhone creates a new backup of your Apple Watch. You can use the backup to restore a new Apple Watch. After your Apple Watch unpairs, you'll see the Start Pairing message.
  2. Set up your Apple Watch again."

Unpair and erase your Apple Watch

Have a good one.

Oct 22, 2020 9:04 AM in response to RCBeachBum

Hi RCBeachBum,

Thank you for contacting Apple Support Communities. Based on what you stated, it seems like you are not able to use a photo as a watch face.

Did you receive an error message?

Are you able to create the watch face using photos on the iPhone?

"A new photo appears every time you raise your wrist or tap the display. Choose an album, Memory, or up to 24 custom photos.

Create a Photos face on your Apple Watch: With the current watch face showing, touch and hold the display, swipe all the way to the right, tap the New button (+), then tap Photos. Or, while browsing in the Photos app on your Apple Watch, tap , then tap Photos.

Create a Photos face on your iPhone: Open the Photos app on your iPhone, tap a photo, tap , swipe up, then tap Create Watch Face. Choose to create a Photos watch face or a Kaleidoscope watch face."

Apple Watch faces and their features

Please don't hesitate to let us know if the steps resolved your issue or if you need additional assistance.

Cheers.

Can't add photos to my Apple Watch face after WatchOS 7.0.2 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.