Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

“Data recovery cannot be completed" on iPhone

Hello their my iPhone 7 says “Data recovery cannot be completed Please restore your IPhone from backup” I am trying to back it up but my iPad has no USB outlet for me to connect my phone to, so I’m trying to figure out what can I do to backup my phone?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 7, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 17, 2020 8:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 17, 2020 9:04 PM

You cannot connect the phone to your iPad. The iPad and the iPhone are only going to communicate with a computer there is no way to connect them to each other. If you want to backup your phone, you're going to have to back it up to a computer. If you got that message telling you to restore your iPhone from backup, then it's too late to back it up. If it isn't backed up already then you aren't going to be able to back it up anymore

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 17, 2020 9:04 PM in response to Itsjordee

You cannot connect the phone to your iPad. The iPad and the iPhone are only going to communicate with a computer there is no way to connect them to each other. If you want to backup your phone, you're going to have to back it up to a computer. If you got that message telling you to restore your iPhone from backup, then it's too late to back it up. If it isn't backed up already then you aren't going to be able to back it up anymore

“Data recovery cannot be completed" on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.