Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I access deleted messages from iCloud. I cannot find any messages or how to access the cloud for that. Thanks.

What is the process to find a deleted message txt/sms in iCloud?

Posted on Oct 18, 2020 5:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 18, 2020 6:02 AM

If you sync messages with iCloud in Settings>Your Name>iCloud>Apps using iCloud>iMessages>On, then if you delete a message on any device, it is also deleted in iCloud. There is no way to recover them. iCloud is a syncing service, not archival storage.

If you don’t sync messages with iCloud, but include them in the backups instead, you will have to restore the backup to recover messages, assuming that the messages are still in the backup. If you deleted the messages and have backed up since then, they cannot be recovered. They are gone for good.

If you want to know more about restoring a backup, see this.

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 18, 2020 6:02 AM in response to Bootman55

If you sync messages with iCloud in Settings>Your Name>iCloud>Apps using iCloud>iMessages>On, then if you delete a message on any device, it is also deleted in iCloud. There is no way to recover them. iCloud is a syncing service, not archival storage.

If you don’t sync messages with iCloud, but include them in the backups instead, you will have to restore the backup to recover messages, assuming that the messages are still in the backup. If you deleted the messages and have backed up since then, they cannot be recovered. They are gone for good.

If you want to know more about restoring a backup, see this.

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

How do I access deleted messages from iCloud. I cannot find any messages or how to access the cloud for that. Thanks.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.