Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Failurecode 0xFFFFFFFF80020022 on burning dvd

I used to have no problems with burning dvd's at all but very recently I get a 0xFFFFFFFF80020022 and something like a communication problem with superdrive. Machine iMac 2019. Catalina. Lot's of free space, 16 GB Ram so there shouldn't be a problem there. I saw several discussion here but none of suggestions seem to work for me. Can somebody please help me out here, thanks

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Oct 18, 2020 8:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 18, 2020 12:30 PM

Reset the SMC two or three times in a row: How to reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support.  Be sure to disconnect all peripherals before resetting the SMC. 

Similar questions

11 replies

Oct 18, 2020 8:42 AM in response to Wanderingto

Wanderingto wrote:

I used to have no problems with burning dvd's at all but very recently I get a 0xFFFFFFFF80020022 and something like a communication problem with superdrive. Machine iMac 2019. Catalina. Lot's of free space, 16 GB Ram so there shouldn't be a problem there. I saw several discussion here but none of suggestions seem to work for me. Can somebody please help me out here, thanks

List what you have tried...

Oct 18, 2020 11:42 AM in response to leroydouglas

Hi Leroy. I've tried several things like connecting to a usb hub, burning at a slower speed, deleting "com.apple.DiskUtility.plist" in the ~ user / Library / Preferences folder. I have more than enough space on disk and RAM (16 Gb). I have also tried another external drive with the same result. Furthermore, all matters that were in the various discussions. What also struck me is that when I connected the super drive to a usb of my 2nd thunderbold display, the super drive was briefly indicated in system overview as 'super drive' (but that also gave the same error), and now it is back in my iMac as: Apple supplied writer, don't know if this is important. The super drive will simply play CDs and DVDs.

Failurecode 0xFFFFFFFF80020022 on burning dvd

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.