Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get iOS 11 on my iPad

How do I get iOS 11 on my IPad and my iphone

iPad, iOS 10

Posted on Oct 18, 2020 9:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 18, 2020 9:39 AM

iOS 14.0.1 is the current iOS

What model iPad and iPhone do you have?

see Settings-About

How to Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If your iPad is older model, it might not be able to go pass iOS 10.

Go to Settings-Update and see if there is an update there and press to download the update so you can install.

Please see : iOS 11 is compatible with these devices

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 18, 2020 9:39 AM in response to 74JoJo74

iOS 14.0.1 is the current iOS

What model iPad and iPhone do you have?

see Settings-About

How to Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If your iPad is older model, it might not be able to go pass iOS 10.

Go to Settings-Update and see if there is an update there and press to download the update so you can install.

Please see : iOS 11 is compatible with these devices

Oct 18, 2020 9:49 AM in response to 74JoJo74

"older iPad model" doesn't really help me to help you.

If it says it's up to date, then your iPad is older. Would help to know for sure, if you go to settings - about.

Anyway, you have iPhone 11 and that is compatible with iOS 14.0.1

Please update by going to settings-update on your iPhone 11. Your iPhone shipped with iOS 13.

Please Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Oct 18, 2020 9:54 AM in response to 74JoJo74

If your iPad is stuck at iOS 10.x.x you have a 4th gen iPad, which cannot be updated past iOS 10.4.8. iPad 4 is now way too old, too under powered, no longer supported and completely incapable of being updated further.

I can well imagine you are seeing numbers of apps either requiring a higher iOS level or no longer being compatible with your out of date device.

It's time to get a newer iPad as the solution. Even the absolute least expensive iPad Apple sells today will outperform your old iPad by a huge margin.

How do I get iOS 11 on my iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.