Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Missing app

One of my apps disappeared from my iPhone home screen. When I searched for the app it appeared in the search; however, when I click on the app it opens the app but I still cannot find it on my home screen. I do not want to have to "search" for it each time I want to use the app. How do I find where the app is on my iPhone

iPad, iPadOS 14

Posted on Oct 18, 2020 2:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 18, 2020 2:32 PM

What iOS version do you have on your iPhone? iOS 14?

If so, you may have 'removed' the app from your home screen. In which case you would still be able to find the app by searching and still be able to open the app.. and it would not exist on your home screen.

If you swipe left continually on your home screen until you get to the App Library. Pull down. Locate the app in the alphabetical list. Tap/hold/drag the app back onto your main screen. Even if the app is really tucked away in a folder somewhere, doing this will pull it out from wherever it was hiding and replace it with the new one that you dragged out from the App Library.

Organize the Home Screen and App Library on your iPhone - Apple Support

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 18, 2020 2:32 PM in response to libertylakejoe

What iOS version do you have on your iPhone? iOS 14?

If so, you may have 'removed' the app from your home screen. In which case you would still be able to find the app by searching and still be able to open the app.. and it would not exist on your home screen.

If you swipe left continually on your home screen until you get to the App Library. Pull down. Locate the app in the alphabetical list. Tap/hold/drag the app back onto your main screen. Even if the app is really tucked away in a folder somewhere, doing this will pull it out from wherever it was hiding and replace it with the new one that you dragged out from the App Library.

Organize the Home Screen and App Library on your iPhone - Apple Support

Missing app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.