Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

an uptade it required to activate your ipad

How can I update, so I can activate the iPad?

Posted on Oct 18, 2020 6:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 18, 2020 6:41 PM

Is the update being requested by your computer? If so---that is normal and will not install Catalina. See:

If you see "Software update is required to connect to your iOS device" on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

I had that recently when I upgraded an iPad to iPadOS 14 using iTunes on my iMac running Mojave.

The download is NOT a system software upgrade. I had Mojave when I allowed the patch and I still have Mojave. No problem.

The download is small and took maybe two minutes to install. I believe it patches iTunes to allow you to continue to do backups, upgrades, and synching of your device through iTunes as before.

If this does not apply, it is because we are short of information only you can provide. Please post details if this is not the issue. you encountered.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 18, 2020 6:41 PM in response to MariellySanchez

Is the update being requested by your computer? If so---that is normal and will not install Catalina. See:

If you see "Software update is required to connect to your iOS device" on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

I had that recently when I upgraded an iPad to iPadOS 14 using iTunes on my iMac running Mojave.

The download is NOT a system software upgrade. I had Mojave when I allowed the patch and I still have Mojave. No problem.

The download is small and took maybe two minutes to install. I believe it patches iTunes to allow you to continue to do backups, upgrades, and synching of your device through iTunes as before.

If this does not apply, it is because we are short of information only you can provide. Please post details if this is not the issue. you encountered.

an uptade it required to activate your ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.