Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

NUMBERS : using pop up menu to skip to new menu

I am a Number novice.

I am producing a database. I would like the function of having a "pop up menu" in a cell which once a term selected can open another menu in another cell.

For Example:

If the term "apple" is selected from the pop up menu list of apple, banana, pear, (in cell A2 for example) then a new menu can be selected or generated in cell B2 which would list: red, green, pink.

If the term banana is selected then the new menu would switch to list: curved, straight, ripe.

If the term pear is selected then a menu listing: small, medium, large.

I am guessing you can create the lists in different tables, and use a function to match the term/text "Apple" with "Apple". But I do not know the command function or how to formulate the formula of moving cell to cell.

Any help appreciated, Dom.

MacBook

Posted on Oct 19, 2020 4:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 19, 2020 1:33 PM

There are no cascading pop up menus in Numbers, which is basically what you are asking where the choice made in the first menu determines the choices available in the next menu. For a single set of selections you can do some things with filters to make it look like you have cascading menus but it is not that great if you have more than a few of these pop ups, especially if there are a lot of selections in the pop up. It is also not useful for a database because it takes multiple rows to do it whereas a database entry should all be in one row. Cascading menus would be a handy feature to have.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 19, 2020 1:33 PM in response to domdisco

There are no cascading pop up menus in Numbers, which is basically what you are asking where the choice made in the first menu determines the choices available in the next menu. For a single set of selections you can do some things with filters to make it look like you have cascading menus but it is not that great if you have more than a few of these pop ups, especially if there are a lot of selections in the pop up. It is also not useful for a database because it takes multiple rows to do it whereas a database entry should all be in one row. Cascading menus would be a handy feature to have.

NUMBERS : using pop up menu to skip to new menu

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.