Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone SE 2020 is not recognized by iTunes 12.9.5.5 on Mojave 10.14.6

Hello

I just bought an iPhone SE 2020 but iTunes 12.9.5.5 running on Mojave 10.14.6 does not recognize it.

It is detected as an USB device (looking at system report).

When connecting the iPhone (USB cable connecte to the mac mini) I have a window asking me to install a software on the computer. This installation fails: the software is not available on the update server...

Please explain to me how to solve this problem.

Thierry

iPhoneSE 2020, iTunes 12.9.5.5, Mojave 10.14.6, mac mini (end of 2014) (but same problem on a MacBook Air with exactly the same configuration)

Mac mini, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 19, 2020 6:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 23, 2020 11:47 PM

Thanks for your help. My problem is now solved. Let me explain what happened…

I contacted the Apple Assistance. They understood that a software what needed by iTunes to connect to the iPhone. The installation of this software was unsuccessful because iTunes could not find it. Some hours after this discussion, iTunes was able to install this software: I suspect that someone at Apple has put the file at the correct place on a server…

So now iTunes can see my iPhone and I can manage it as expected.

Thierry

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 23, 2020 11:47 PM in response to MoonJ.

Thanks for your help. My problem is now solved. Let me explain what happened…

I contacted the Apple Assistance. They understood that a software what needed by iTunes to connect to the iPhone. The installation of this software was unsuccessful because iTunes could not find it. Some hours after this discussion, iTunes was able to install this software: I suspect that someone at Apple has put the file at the correct place on a server…

So now iTunes can see my iPhone and I can manage it as expected.

Thierry

iPhone SE 2020 is not recognized by iTunes 12.9.5.5 on Mojave 10.14.6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.