Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Weak security in Wi-Fi

I see weak security in Wi-Fi setting

Posted on Oct 19, 2020 6:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 19, 2020 6:43 AM

With iOS 14, if you are connected to a WiFi network using WPA 2 security or lower it will show that label. Its just telling you that they are much stronger security options for Wi-Fi routers available now that you should be using if at all possible with your router.

You can tap n the (i) icon next to the Wi-Fi network for more details about why it is weak security.

If this is happens when connected to your own WiFi router check its user guide and see if can be set to use WPA2-AES or higher security options.

Otherwise you can ignore the message until such time as you get one that can do that.

See here for details: https://www.howtogeek.com/204697/wi-fi-security-should-you-use-wpa2-aes-wpa2-tkip-or-both/

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 19, 2020 6:43 AM in response to morteza287

With iOS 14, if you are connected to a WiFi network using WPA 2 security or lower it will show that label. Its just telling you that they are much stronger security options for Wi-Fi routers available now that you should be using if at all possible with your router.

You can tap n the (i) icon next to the Wi-Fi network for more details about why it is weak security.

If this is happens when connected to your own WiFi router check its user guide and see if can be set to use WPA2-AES or higher security options.

Otherwise you can ignore the message until such time as you get one that can do that.

See here for details: https://www.howtogeek.com/204697/wi-fi-security-should-you-use-wpa2-aes-wpa2-tkip-or-both/

Weak security in Wi-Fi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.