Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

On my iPad 6th Generation (with SW 10.1) I cannot open photos

On my iPad 6th Generation (SW 14.0.1) I cannot open photos. When I try it opens for far less than a second and then returns to the home screen. Photos functions perfectly on both my MAC and my iPhone. This change only occurred after I updated to 14.0.1 - prior to this everything worked perfectly for around a year.

iPad Air, iOS 12

Posted on Oct 19, 2020 7:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 19, 2020 8:07 AM

Perhaps something went wrong during the new iPadOS intall procedure.

To install a fresh copy of iPadOS, create a full backup of your iPad, then restore it to factory settings and, in the end set it up as new. These are the instructions:--> Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings – Apple Support

When done, restore data from your previously made backup.

Regards

Giulio

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 19, 2020 8:07 AM in response to Eysha

Perhaps something went wrong during the new iPadOS intall procedure.

To install a fresh copy of iPadOS, create a full backup of your iPad, then restore it to factory settings and, in the end set it up as new. These are the instructions:--> Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings – Apple Support

When done, restore data from your previously made backup.

Regards

Giulio

Oct 20, 2020 3:55 PM in response to ProustGiulio

I followed these steps and wish I hadn't! Now I have a system which cannot be restored because I get the message "Go to iCloud Settings and Turn Off Find My IPad" There is no Find My iPad to switch off or on!!! At the same time I Message is asking me to sign in but the sign in key, after I have entered the password won't sign in. I am getting ready to converse to Samsung!

On my iPad 6th Generation (with SW 10.1) I cannot open photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.