Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage replies are missing

For one of the users I could send message but their reply never comes through, I do have Mac Pro/iPad and iPhone... where do I troubleshoot ? Is the problem on my side or is it on their side? Thanks!

Posted on Oct 19, 2020 10:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 24, 2020 8:22 AM

Hi Naivek,

It sounds like you are having issues receiving messages from one contact, is that correct? If so, let's check out the following resources.

Restart your iPhone

Let's also make sure the contact is not blocked.

Block phone numbers, contacts, and emails on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

The section "Manage your blocked phone numbers, contacts, and emails" will help you check that.

Let us know if those help.

Take care.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 24, 2020 8:22 AM in response to Naivek

Hi Naivek,

It sounds like you are having issues receiving messages from one contact, is that correct? If so, let's check out the following resources.

Restart your iPhone

Let's also make sure the contact is not blocked.

Block phone numbers, contacts, and emails on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

The section "Manage your blocked phone numbers, contacts, and emails" will help you check that.

Let us know if those help.

Take care.

Oct 26, 2020 8:33 AM in response to raina_b22

Hi Raina_b22 -

Indeed somehow the contact was in my blocked list and removing it fixed my issue on my iPhone and Macbook where new messages shows up correctly. But on my mac pro and iPad - only my messages are seen no responses, Apple rep said it would take sometime but no change even after three days of wait...

Wish I was prompted that I am sending a message to blocked contact ... forwarded this feed to Apple rep.

Thanks

Kumaran

iMessage replies are missing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.