Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Health app dropping daily steps

I am having the same problem a few others have reported, I hit a threshold for steps during the day and either a few hours later or by the next day my step count has dropped significantly. I was up to more than 16,000 steps today and it is now showing about 11,590. This only started happening a couple weeks ago. I don’t use an Apple Watch so this is not related to the two devices being out of synch. Any ideas on what is wrong?

iPhone 6, iOS 9

Posted on Oct 19, 2020 7:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 29, 2020 6:54 AM

So I gave it a couple of days and it does not appear that the upgrade helped. I am still losing steps that appear on my health app one day and drop down the next day. On Wed 10/28 as of 5:45 pm, I had walked 16,209 steps (pic attached). This morning at 6:29 am, I checked to see what it now showed for yesterday and it says 10,847 steps (pic attached).

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 29, 2020 6:54 AM in response to darlajean55

So I gave it a couple of days and it does not appear that the upgrade helped. I am still losing steps that appear on my health app one day and drop down the next day. On Wed 10/28 as of 5:45 pm, I had walked 16,209 steps (pic attached). This morning at 6:29 am, I checked to see what it now showed for yesterday and it says 10,847 steps (pic attached).

Oct 25, 2020 1:29 PM in response to darlajean55

Hey there darlajean55,

Thank you for being a part of Apple Support Communities. We know it’s important to keep track of your steps, and keep this information consistent. We’re happy to assist, and look into this further with you.

Let’s start off by backing up and updating your iPhone. Please follow the steps below:

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Once this is done, go to Settings > Privacy > Motion & Fitness > Fitness Tracking and Health are both enabled.

Test, and let us know the result.

Have a great week ahead!

Health app dropping daily steps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.