You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is I can update my iPad with MacBook

That I can update my iPad with a Mac book

Posted on Oct 20, 2020 1:02 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 20, 2020 2:11 AM

Yes, you can use the Mac to update your iOS device, check this:

Update your device using your computer

If you can’t update wirelessly on your device, you can update manually using a computer that you trust. If your computer is using Personal Hotspot on the device that you’re updating, connect your computer to a different Wi-Fi or Ethernet network before you update.

1. On a Mac with macOS Catalina 10.15, open Finder. On a Mac with macOS Mojave 10.14 or earlier, or on a PC, open iTunes.
  2. Connect your device to your computer.
  3. Locate your device on your computer.
  4. Click General or Settings, then click Check for Update. 

5 . Click Download and Update.

6 . If asked, enter your passcode. If you don't know your passcode, learn what to do.

copied from: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 20, 2020 2:11 AM in response to hanan159

Yes, you can use the Mac to update your iOS device, check this:

Update your device using your computer

If you can’t update wirelessly on your device, you can update manually using a computer that you trust. If your computer is using Personal Hotspot on the device that you’re updating, connect your computer to a different Wi-Fi or Ethernet network before you update.

1. On a Mac with macOS Catalina 10.15, open Finder. On a Mac with macOS Mojave 10.14 or earlier, or on a PC, open iTunes.
  2. Connect your device to your computer.
  3. Locate your device on your computer.
  4. Click General or Settings, then click Check for Update. 

5 . Click Download and Update.

6 . If asked, enter your passcode. If you don't know your passcode, learn what to do.

copied from: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Is I can update my iPad with MacBook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.