Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Messages on my Mac

Messages on my Mac sync randomly with my iPhone messages, and sometimes the message only shows up on the computer not on the phone. How can I ensure they sync consistently?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 20, 2020 2:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 20, 2020 3:49 AM

Hi There,

You're saying that messages are not syncing consistently between your iPhone and Mac.

To make sure they consistently sync and are updated together well, you may want to enable messages sync in iCloud on both of your devices. This will upload your messages to iCloud, making messages easy to download and sync on all enabled devices.

To achieve this on your mac* follow the steps given below:

• Launch messages
  • From the menu bar click on "messages"
  • Click on preferences from the drop down menu
  • Navigate to the accounts section and go to the settings section
  • Click enable messages in iCloud

And you're set!

You have to do the same on your iPhone so it's uploaded and downloaded on both ends. To achieve that, follow the steps given below:

• Launch Settings
  • Tap on your Profile (The first card which shows your name)
  • Navigate to iCloud
  • Turn the option on for messages.

*Ensure your mac is running macOS 10.13 High Sierra or above for the messages in iCloud feature.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 20, 2020 3:49 AM in response to M J G

Hi There,

You're saying that messages are not syncing consistently between your iPhone and Mac.

To make sure they consistently sync and are updated together well, you may want to enable messages sync in iCloud on both of your devices. This will upload your messages to iCloud, making messages easy to download and sync on all enabled devices.

To achieve this on your mac* follow the steps given below:

• Launch messages
  • From the menu bar click on "messages"
  • Click on preferences from the drop down menu
  • Navigate to the accounts section and go to the settings section
  • Click enable messages in iCloud

And you're set!

You have to do the same on your iPhone so it's uploaded and downloaded on both ends. To achieve that, follow the steps given below:

• Launch Settings
  • Tap on your Profile (The first card which shows your name)
  • Navigate to iCloud
  • Turn the option on for messages.

*Ensure your mac is running macOS 10.13 High Sierra or above for the messages in iCloud feature.

Messages on my Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.