Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

need to reset my macbook password

I need to reset my macbook password, not my admin user one, the macbook one but cannot figure out how

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Oct 20, 2020 2:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 20, 2020 5:21 AM

Change or reset the password of a macOS user account - Apple Support

Although I understand you do not want to reset your Mac's login password, for reference please read Reset your Mac login password - Apple Support.

If it's an Apple ID password you need to change, Change your Apple ID password - Apple Support.

If you forgot its password, If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support.

If you totally forgot everything and don't know what else to do, Recover your Apple ID when you can't reset your password - Apple Support.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 20, 2020 5:21 AM in response to francpec

Change or reset the password of a macOS user account - Apple Support

Although I understand you do not want to reset your Mac's login password, for reference please read Reset your Mac login password - Apple Support.

If it's an Apple ID password you need to change, Change your Apple ID password - Apple Support.

If you forgot its password, If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support.

If you totally forgot everything and don't know what else to do, Recover your Apple ID when you can't reset your password - Apple Support.

need to reset my macbook password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.