Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple update - even more issues

Could anyone help?! Following updating to watchOS 7.0.2 and iOS 14.01 I had severe battery drain on my watch S4 and the health app was not reading data accurately or at all so not matching the fitness app - like many others! Following Apple’s instructions I totally wiped my watch and my XS max and reinstated from the backup. Well, battery life on watch back to normal and fitness and health apps now match - get in! No not that easy, VO2 max is now not recording at all despite heart rate trends and GPS of running/walking routes all now working. Slowly falling out of love with Apple. Would appreciate any help - please don’t suggest wiping my watch and phone again as I am losing the will😐😳.

Posted on Oct 20, 2020 11:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 20, 2020 1:24 PM

Mine was recording fine until I had to do a restore to get my GPS and other data back in sync. It stopped recording at that point.

I have got it back working it would seem by resetting the fitness calibration data 

From your iPhone>Watch>Privacy>Reset Fitness Calibration Data>Tap this

You will just get a confirmation box that tells you that your metrics will not be as good if you do this.

Tap confirm and do it. You will get nothing else, no confirmation but it is done.  

The go for a 20 minute outdoor run or walk using the workout app at your normal speed on a flat road/path etc

This will re-calibrate the watch.

The next time you do a workout (not this time) it should show your V02 max

That is what worked for me.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 20, 2020 1:24 PM in response to Newyork1997

Mine was recording fine until I had to do a restore to get my GPS and other data back in sync. It stopped recording at that point.

I have got it back working it would seem by resetting the fitness calibration data 

From your iPhone>Watch>Privacy>Reset Fitness Calibration Data>Tap this

You will just get a confirmation box that tells you that your metrics will not be as good if you do this.

Tap confirm and do it. You will get nothing else, no confirmation but it is done.  

The go for a 20 minute outdoor run or walk using the workout app at your normal speed on a flat road/path etc

This will re-calibrate the watch.

The next time you do a workout (not this time) it should show your V02 max

That is what worked for me.

Apple update - even more issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.