Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My new computer is not holding a charge

I just bought a new mac book pro and it is not holding a charge

Posted on Oct 20, 2020 1:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2020 7:41 AM

Something is using computing power, generating heat and using battery power. Perhaps it's something you want/need to run (Zoom, Google meet and other VC platforms use a lot of power), perhaps it's something running in the background. You can find out:

See how apps affect Mac performance, battery runtime, temperature, and fan activity - Apple Support

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 21, 2020 7:41 AM in response to gg2012

Something is using computing power, generating heat and using battery power. Perhaps it's something you want/need to run (Zoom, Google meet and other VC platforms use a lot of power), perhaps it's something running in the background. You can find out:

See how apps affect Mac performance, battery runtime, temperature, and fan activity - Apple Support

Oct 21, 2020 7:39 AM in response to gg2012

"A few hours" seems good to me. Maybe you are not running the same power hungry things on your old computer.

You could try a SMC reset.

How to reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support

Why havn't you provided any details or context? It is difficult to help when no background or details are provided. My mechanic would not be able to help me if I called and told him my car won't go as far as my old one did.

My new computer is not holding a charge

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.