Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone xs front camera positioning

Hi all,

I would like to know the exact position of the front camera on iPhone XS and iPhone XR, particularly its distance from:

• the top of the device
  • the left side of the device

I found the design guidelines with the schematics of the phones here https://developer.apple.com/accessories/Accessory-Design-Guidelines.pdf

However it appears that the camera in those diagrams is not in the same position as real devices.

Anyone knows where I can get a document with the information I am looking for?

I cannot do the measurement manually because of the accuracy level I need.

Thanx

iPhone XS

Posted on Oct 20, 2020 5:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2020 7:59 AM

honestly to me they look correct, they are very precise and i'd like to mention that even if the images are wrong slightly, the measurements are always correct, this is the stuff that case manufactures get, stuff that lens designers get (who make external lenses for iphones), stuff like that, i'll include the png version of the specific one i'm looking at but if you need i can send the png conversion of the xs as well, but honestly you can find it in the document you sent, i hope this helps and if you have any other questions, comments, or honestly anything feel free to say/ask and i or someone else would love to help further

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 21, 2020 7:59 AM in response to luca_confa

honestly to me they look correct, they are very precise and i'd like to mention that even if the images are wrong slightly, the measurements are always correct, this is the stuff that case manufactures get, stuff that lens designers get (who make external lenses for iphones), stuff like that, i'll include the png version of the specific one i'm looking at but if you need i can send the png conversion of the xs as well, but honestly you can find it in the document you sent, i hope this helps and if you have any other questions, comments, or honestly anything feel free to say/ask and i or someone else would love to help further

Oct 21, 2020 7:40 PM in response to Joshua p.

Hi Joshua,

thank you for your nice reply.

I can see they are mostly accurate. But I still cannot seem to find the distance of the front camera from the top and from either side of the device.

I am looking at this screen (XR)

I can see the front camera dot (which I think it's positioned wrongly) but I cannot find its position relative to the device.

Maybe I am missing something here.. but I cannot see any measure related to the dot representing the front camera.

Maybe you are able to find them?

iphone xs front camera positioning

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.