Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Photos

I choose to use iCloud Photos, but now I am looking at all my family photos and now that I try to download them back to my iphone it tells me it cannot be done as it is trying to download ALL the photos in iCloud, but I only want to retrieve mine. HELP!!!

iPhone XR

Posted on Oct 20, 2020 5:06 PM

8 replies

Oct 20, 2020 5:12 PM in response to zinacef

yes I do; maybe I didn't explain well. I used to have all my photos in my phone and it was OK, then for some reason I decided to try using iCloud Photos and checked this option to release more space in my phone storage; however now that I want to see a pic, I'm not only seeing my pictures but the pictures of my wife and kids and this is annoying; this is why I would like to move my pics back to my phone, but when I try unchecking the iCloud Photos box and ask to download them back into my phone, it tells me this can't be done because it is trying to download the whole photo library. Now I don't know how to move back to where I was

iCloud Photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.