Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App randomly opens while i turn on my mac

Hey so i tried spotify on my mac for only 12 days and switched back to apple music but then my spotify will open every time i turn on my mac is there anyway i can stop this?

MacBook, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 20, 2020 7:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 20, 2020 8:06 PM

Open items automatically when you log in on Mac - Apple Support

If it does not appear as a "Login Item" Spotify may install itself as a "modern login item" meaning it will always launch itself unless you uninstall it, or perhaps investigate its settings for one that prevents it from doing that.

To uninstall Spotify I believe all you need to do is to drag its app icon to the Trash. Check with its developer or refer to this post from its community forum.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 20, 2020 8:06 PM in response to BlinCaps

Open items automatically when you log in on Mac - Apple Support

If it does not appear as a "Login Item" Spotify may install itself as a "modern login item" meaning it will always launch itself unless you uninstall it, or perhaps investigate its settings for one that prevents it from doing that.

To uninstall Spotify I believe all you need to do is to drag its app icon to the Trash. Check with its developer or refer to this post from its community forum.

App randomly opens while i turn on my mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.