Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why I can't suddenly see movies the Apple TV app?

When I got my Mac on August I was using it happily watching movies that a family member bought on it, but suddenly one day this movies won't stream again. I tried watching the same movies and nothing. I searched for them and they just disappeared from the Apple TV app. I contact support and we did everything to fix it, even reinstalling Mac OS but it didn't work. Now my iPhone starts experiencing almost the same thing. I can stream a movie, by accessing it by the purchase button. But I can no longer search for it on the search bar, because it doesn't appear.

I need help to see what is happening here? What should I do?

Posted on Oct 20, 2020 8:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2020 7:54 AM

… movies that a family member bought …

If you don't see your family's shared content - Apple Support

If the Purchase Sharing part of Family Sharing is no longer active, then those items are no longer shared.

If the family sharing group member has set a purchase to ‘hidden’, then it won’t appear as a shared item.

When a family sharing group member is no longer part of the group, then their purchases won’t be shared anymore.

The Family Sharing group is linked to each other by Apple ID accounts. Use of new or different accounts will not be shared as part of Family Sharing.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 21, 2020 7:54 AM in response to JuanJoseRealpe

… movies that a family member bought …

If you don't see your family's shared content - Apple Support

If the Purchase Sharing part of Family Sharing is no longer active, then those items are no longer shared.

If the family sharing group member has set a purchase to ‘hidden’, then it won’t appear as a shared item.

When a family sharing group member is no longer part of the group, then their purchases won’t be shared anymore.

The Family Sharing group is linked to each other by Apple ID accounts. Use of new or different accounts will not be shared as part of Family Sharing.

Why I can't suddenly see movies the Apple TV app?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.