Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keychain Access Issues

Hello,

I have a 2011 MacBook Pro operating on IOS 10.13.6. I recently had work done on it and they added a password to the admin account and when they handed it back they didn’t tell me the password. In recovery mode I was able to go in and change the password so I was able to access the computer. Ever since then I have not been able to do anything on my computer due to keychain issues. I have tried everything, and when I go into keychain access it shows no keychains at all, and if I choose “reset my default keychains” it says “a module directory service error”.

If anyone has any ideas I’ll be so grateful. I’m not a computer programmer and have no idea how to fix things with code.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Oct 21, 2020 11:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2020 11:48 AM

Hmmm,

Safe Boot, (holding Shift key down at startup).

Safe mode attempts to repair Disks & clears lots of caches & loads safe Drivers, & prevents loading of 3rd party extensions, so if Safe Mode works try again in regular boot.

Don't use FireFox for this link…

https://itunes.apple.com/app/macos-high-sierra/id1246284741?mt=12

If you get a corrupted message...

Naw, not damaged, it's just that you have an old copy already in Applications, Trash the Install MacsOS High Sierra.app in Applications then a new copy more recent version can be downloaded.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 21, 2020 11:48 AM in response to Lexa2018

Hmmm,

Safe Boot, (holding Shift key down at startup).

Safe mode attempts to repair Disks & clears lots of caches & loads safe Drivers, & prevents loading of 3rd party extensions, so if Safe Mode works try again in regular boot.

Don't use FireFox for this link…

https://itunes.apple.com/app/macos-high-sierra/id1246284741?mt=12

If you get a corrupted message...

Naw, not damaged, it's just that you have an old copy already in Applications, Trash the Install MacsOS High Sierra.app in Applications then a new copy more recent version can be downloaded.

Keychain Access Issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.