Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keyboard layout in login page after startup

Hello,

I've got a problem on my login page when I start my computer. As I bought my MacBook Air in Hungary with an international keyboard the keyboard layout in the login page in Hungarian. Still the language is set in English and when I log into my session the keyboard is in English as I set it up in the System preference.

I'll be more than happy if any of you got the solution!

Thanks,

Pierre

MacBook

Posted on Oct 21, 2020 12:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2020 1:45 PM

Pierre_DLRM wrote:

I want to know if it's possible to make the English keyboard as default.

Thanks for clarifying that. See if this helps

https://www.ctrl.blog/entry/how-to-macos-login-keyboard-layout.html

Similar questions

4 replies

Oct 21, 2020 1:41 PM in response to Tom Gewecke

Thanks for your answer but I already tried the method described with only one user and it still did't work. The problem is not about the language but about the keyboard layout.

The page is in English but the keyboard layout is in Hungarian and the Hungarian keyboard doesn't have the same letter/number order.

I have the drop list to choose another keyboard layout in the starting page but I want to know if it's possible to make the English keyboard as default.

Thanks,

Pierre

Keyboard layout in login page after startup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.