Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to remove the Bark app from my daughter's phone that was installed by my ex without my consent.

My ex-husband installed the Bark app on my daughter's phone, which was purchased by, and owned, by me. He will not share the username and password for the Bark app so that I can have access to it. Can I simply delete the app from her phone just like I can delete any other app? I don't know anything about Bark, and suspect that since it's a parental control app, that it will require a password to be entered in order to delete it.

iPhone XR

Posted on Oct 21, 2020 1:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2020 4:47 PM

Greetings, Tg1109. Thank you for posting your question to the Apple Support Communities. 

We understand the situation and how you are looking to remove this app from your daughter’s iPhone. We’re happy to show you how! 

You should most likely be able to remove the app as you would with any other app. The following Apple Support article can help you: How to delete apps on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

It is also possible that Content & Privacy Restrictions were enabled using Screen Time on this device. You can find out more about these features in the following Apple Support article: Use Screen Time on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

We hope this information helps you find a solution. 

Cheers! 

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 26, 2020 4:47 PM in response to tg1109

Greetings, Tg1109. Thank you for posting your question to the Apple Support Communities. 

We understand the situation and how you are looking to remove this app from your daughter’s iPhone. We’re happy to show you how! 

You should most likely be able to remove the app as you would with any other app. The following Apple Support article can help you: How to delete apps on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

It is also possible that Content & Privacy Restrictions were enabled using Screen Time on this device. You can find out more about these features in the following Apple Support article: Use Screen Time on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

We hope this information helps you find a solution. 

Cheers! 

How to remove the Bark app from my daughter's phone that was installed by my ex without my consent.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.