Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Setting up cellular on watch with alternate cellular plan not connected to my phone

I want to setup my Apple Watch Series 6 cellular connection. My phone plan is associated with my employer and I cannot add my watch. I have added my watch to my spouses Verizon contract. I cannot seem to connect my watch to what I have setup with my spouses plan.

Posted on Oct 21, 2020 5:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2020 5:24 PM

That is correct. You can only activate cellular for the Watch if it is paired to your phone. You cannot add it through your wife's phone, or you would have to pair it with her phone, and it would be a duplicate of her number. You cannot activate except for the carrier of your phone, and as you have found, you cannot do that with a business account.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 21, 2020 5:24 PM in response to Telluride_Skier

That is correct. You can only activate cellular for the Watch if it is paired to your phone. You cannot add it through your wife's phone, or you would have to pair it with her phone, and it would be a duplicate of her number. You cannot activate except for the carrier of your phone, and as you have found, you cannot do that with a business account.

Setting up cellular on watch with alternate cellular plan not connected to my phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.