Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook does not shut down on macOS Catalina

I try to shut down my MacBook Pro with macOS Catalina and it shuts down normally and then suddenly turns back on again (restarts). My mac does this over and over. Is there anyway to fix this?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 21, 2020 7:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2020 10:17 PM

Justinlab Said:

MacBook does not shut down on macOS Catalina: I try to shut down my MacBook Pro with macOS Catalina and it shuts down normally and then suddenly turns back on again (restarts). My mac does this over and over. Is there anyway to fix this?

———-

Troubleshooting Power Issues:

Try Resetting the SMC and your NVRAM:

Sometimes when changes are made to the system(i.e. updates), system configurations (i.e. for Power) become manipulated, technically. So, reset the SMC and NVRAM. Use a different external keyboard, if available option

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 21, 2020 10:17 PM in response to Justinlab

Justinlab Said:

MacBook does not shut down on macOS Catalina: I try to shut down my MacBook Pro with macOS Catalina and it shuts down normally and then suddenly turns back on again (restarts). My mac does this over and over. Is there anyway to fix this?

———-

Troubleshooting Power Issues:

Try Resetting the SMC and your NVRAM:

Sometimes when changes are made to the system(i.e. updates), system configurations (i.e. for Power) become manipulated, technically. So, reset the SMC and NVRAM. Use a different external keyboard, if available option

Oct 21, 2020 10:13 PM in response to Justinlab

While this reply may sound superficial, to start MacBook into Safe mode,

this could be of help to remedy symptoms, whatever the cause. Try it.

(Would require at least one login ~ and a long wait before it starts.)

• How to use Safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201262

Within article are blue text links to additional detail not spelled out.

Pivotal items within above, include sections:

A. "If the issue continues in safe mode" (suggests link to reinstall macOS)

B. "If the issue doesn't continue in safe mode" (restart &/or options)

Good luck & happy computing!🌻🐝

MacBook does not shut down on macOS Catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.