Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What should I do? I spilled a glass of water over my MacBook pro. A keyboard stop working:(((((

What should I do with my MacBook pro? I spilled a glass of water over my keyboard and the keyboard stopped working.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Oct 21, 2020 10:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2020 11:20 PM

Switch off and turn it upside down immediately. Place it in a warm-ish place (an airing cupboard for example). Don't do anything silly like blasting it with an hair-dryer, or placing it in the oven or wrapping it in rice. Leave it for the rest of the day. Turn it on and try again.

If these three situations occur arrange an appointment for diagnosis and repair at your nearest Apple Store or Apple Authorised Repair Centre:

1) It turns on and works fine but the keyboard does not

2) It turns on but does not work fine

3) None of the above happens

Bear in mind you will have to pay for accidental damage. It could be (very) expensive. If the repair costs are too much for your budget then seriously consider claiming for accidental damage on your property contents insurance.

If it turns on and works as before then you've been lucky and you've learnt a valuable lesson.

Good luck!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 21, 2020 11:20 PM in response to lidia109

Switch off and turn it upside down immediately. Place it in a warm-ish place (an airing cupboard for example). Don't do anything silly like blasting it with an hair-dryer, or placing it in the oven or wrapping it in rice. Leave it for the rest of the day. Turn it on and try again.

If these three situations occur arrange an appointment for diagnosis and repair at your nearest Apple Store or Apple Authorised Repair Centre:

1) It turns on and works fine but the keyboard does not

2) It turns on but does not work fine

3) None of the above happens

Bear in mind you will have to pay for accidental damage. It could be (very) expensive. If the repair costs are too much for your budget then seriously consider claiming for accidental damage on your property contents insurance.

If it turns on and works as before then you've been lucky and you've learnt a valuable lesson.

Good luck!

What should I do? I spilled a glass of water over my MacBook pro. A keyboard stop working:(((((

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.