Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Temporary fix for Screen recording, no audio issue

With each iOS update, I pray the issue will be fixed but apple has yet to even address it. For years since the handy screen recording option became available, all actions & video are super clear, yet any audio, if internal, Is either not heard or so low it’s inaudible. I have tried every possible fix offered on YouTube, Reddit & here with no solution & get really sick of the recommended answer being predictable how-to steps for turning on 🎙 during recording or making sure mute isn’t on. DUH! Not helpful & those continuing to offer that same old tired solution, insult our intelligence & give the finger to all posting about it for years, acting like it’s a USER ISSUE. It’s not. It’s a software bug & shame on developers for not fixing it back in iOS10 days.

After trying numerous workarounds, from importing into other apps, exporting back to photos, etc I’ve found only one that works consistently. Yes, it is just a TEMPORARY FIX, has to be REPEATED EVERY TIME FOR GOOD 🔊in yr recording, & is a PITA but it works:

-RESTART YR iPhone/Pad

-Do not open games, other apps or edits. Just open whatever you want recorded, Reddit or YT video, etc

-SWOOP UP for yr CONTROL CENTER

-LONG PRESS screen record icon to get MICROPHONE ON option, choose it & select START RECORDING. SWOOP DOWN to close control center

-You should now be back to the media u wanted to record. PLAY▶️ it and you should see the red recording bar at the top of yr screen as it records. Touch top of screen to stop recording & save it.

*I know having to restart yr device every time you want a screen recrdng with good sound is a pain but it does seem to work consistently, even if not for long.

**I've found that occasionally on long recordings (2min+) the recording will stop partially through and not save any of it, so the shorter the better.

Assuming yr sound was on (sorry to insult savvy users) the saved screen recording, whether yr voice or audio from the media u captured, should now have clear, decent, sound. It only seems to work one capture at a time so RESTART yr device again to get another one.

HEY APPLE DEVELOPERS, IT WOULD BE REALLY COOL IF YOU'D FIX THIS ISSUE IN THE NEXT UPDATE. IGNORING IT FOR YEARS IS NOT COOL & BELOW YR STANDARD FOR EXCELLENCE. We pay too much for Apple quality for this not to have been addressed, version after version update.

In the meantime if anyone else has a better fix, please let me know and thank you! 🙏

iPhone 7 Plus

Posted on Oct 21, 2020 10:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 22, 2020 3:24 AM

While screen recording internal audio is always muted to prevent piracy. You can only record external audio.

1 reply

Temporary fix for Screen recording, no audio issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.