Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to Move Data from Android

I am unable to Move Data from OnePlus 6T to iPhone 11. I am getting the popup message on android phone "Something came up. The application has cancelled the request to choose a device.". Once I click OK on this dialog there is another dialog with title "Connection Error" and message as "No iOS device detected. Make sure your iOS device is nearby and in setup.". I have tried all the suggestion on the post https://discussions.apple.com/thread/251588296?login=true as well not nothing is working. My "Move to iOS" application installed on my android phone is version 3.1.0 released on 6-Oct-2020. I have also update my iPhone to iOS 14.1 and have tried the setup again, but I am still getting the same issue.

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 22, 2020 1:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 22, 2020 2:18 AM

Seek help here --> Move from Android to iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple ...

Or watch a video below from Apple.

14 replies

Jan 26, 2021 9:47 PM in response to Choudhari

Hi,

I am unable to transfer my Android data to iphone12 using move to iOS application, it reaches to preparing screen and then getting an error.

on iphone message appears: Unable to migrate Try again later

on Android phone message appears: Connection error: No iOS device detected. Make sure your iOS device is nearby and in setup.

I have followed all instruction mention in apple forum however no luck... looks like some security setting is blocking such connection, however not able to determine the same. tried reaching apple support as well as Samsung support but not much help as samsung is asking to take support from developer of application and apple support is asking to visit service center.

Jan 26, 2021 10:01 PM in response to Choudhari

hello, let me suggest one thing

what exactly do you want to transfer?

first some apps might be different on ios, so these will not be transfered, only photos

if photos are not transferred and your getting error, i suggest that you use google photos then on your iphone when you enter your gmail account, everything will be transferred to google photo app

same also for contacts, you can upload your contacts to gmail, then they will be transferred to iphone when you enable gmail account

if you need more details let me know

Unable to Move Data from Android

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.