Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Activating iPhone 12 Pro

I have an iPhone through Verizon, and I bought the iPhone 12 pro on Apple's website with Verizon as my selected carrier. Do I still have to go to Verizon to have my phone activated, or do I just use the sim card tool to transfer the sim card from my old phone to the new one? And are there any other steps I have to take? This is the first time I've upgraded straight from Apple, as opposed to getting the phone from Verizon and having them swap sim cards and activate the phone. Thanks!

Posted on Oct 22, 2020 10:03 AM

5 replies

Oct 29, 2020 11:36 PM in response to wingsmith

Finally managed to get old SIM card into the phone. Keep the metal contacts of the SIM card up and it should fit into the phone. And the phone does recognize the old card, however, Verizon immediately sent me the following text:

”We noticed you switched the SIM card in your 5G device. To get access to the full benefits of 5G, please use the pre-installed 5G SIM card that came with your device. If you’re unable to locate the original 5G SIM card or did not receive one, visit http://verizon.com/support/contact-us to contact us for help in completing your activation.” Since my 5G SIM card was unable to activate the phone, I will be contacting the tomorrow to see what the problem was.

Activating iPhone 12 Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.