Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I have 2 movies downloading through Safari at the same time?

Is it possible to have more than 1 file downloading at a time? Like 2 different videos. The videos are on the internet and I access them through Safari. I cannot find an answer. Thanks

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 22, 2020 2:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 22, 2020 2:21 PM

Sure. You can have any number of simultaneous downloads going on at any moment in time.

Of course, the available bandwidth will be shared between the downloads, so each may download more slowly that if they were downloaded individually, but there's no inherent limit on how many downloads you can have in flight.

When you have active downloads, the Download icon in Safari's toolbar will show you a list of them with their progress and ETA.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 22, 2020 2:21 PM in response to Per Axel

Sure. You can have any number of simultaneous downloads going on at any moment in time.

Of course, the available bandwidth will be shared between the downloads, so each may download more slowly that if they were downloaded individually, but there's no inherent limit on how many downloads you can have in flight.

When you have active downloads, the Download icon in Safari's toolbar will show you a list of them with their progress and ETA.

Can I have 2 movies downloading through Safari at the same time?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.