Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Payment method

I received an email stating that my AppleID has been permanently locked. However, when I follow the steps it says my card has been declined but that is not possible

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Oct 22, 2020 3:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 22, 2020 3:45 PM

That was a Phishing email, and was not from Apple. Read: Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support for further details.

You should also follow the advice listed in: If you think your Apple ID has been compromised - Apple Support, and contact your card provider to cancel your card.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 22, 2020 3:45 PM in response to joscena

That was a Phishing email, and was not from Apple. Read: Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support for further details.

You should also follow the advice listed in: If you think your Apple ID has been compromised - Apple Support, and contact your card provider to cancel your card.

Payment method

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.