You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro won’t turn on at all

I used my computer the night before and it was working just fine it was fully charged when I used it. my charger was also working fine. Today I tried to turn the laptop on and it wouldn’t turn on at all. I plugged the charger in to see if it was dead and the light from the charger wouldn’t show either. I clicked the side button to see how much power the laptop had and that wouldn’t even come on. I looked up things to try to fix it such as plugging the charger into a different outlet and pushing shift control ALT & the power button but that also didn’t work.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Oct 22, 2020 4:36 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 27, 2020 11:57 AM

Greetings jay6122,

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities! It seems your Mac isn't powering on.

Check out the troubleshooting outlined in the following article: If your Mac doesn't turn on - Apple Support

Since you mentioned the LED on the power adapter isn't illuminating, ensure to review the following section:

"Learn how to troubleshoot USB-C power adapters or MagSafe power adapters."

Reach out to Apple Support for service assistance if the issue persists:

"If you still need help, please contact Apple Support."

Kind regards.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 27, 2020 11:57 AM in response to jay6122

Greetings jay6122,

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities! It seems your Mac isn't powering on.

Check out the troubleshooting outlined in the following article: If your Mac doesn't turn on - Apple Support

Since you mentioned the LED on the power adapter isn't illuminating, ensure to review the following section:

"Learn how to troubleshoot USB-C power adapters or MagSafe power adapters."

Reach out to Apple Support for service assistance if the issue persists:

"If you still need help, please contact Apple Support."

Kind regards.

MacBook Pro won’t turn on at all

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.