Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Website data glitch

I have a question after doing ios 14 update does anyone else keep having a bit . ly thing poping up in your website data or is it just me? Idk I asked someone I know said its a glitch but I worry it mite be hacked or virus or something tho I haven't went to anything and keep clearing it idk I read on here iphones can't get viruses and all that but idk kinda worrys me

Posted on Oct 22, 2020 5:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 22, 2020 5:20 PM

Your phone can’t get a virus. It’s in your website data because at some point since the last time you cleared website data (which might have been years ago) either you used it or a text, email, or perhaps another website embedded it. It’s nothing to worry about. There are probably dozens or hundreds of URLs in your website data that you don’t recognize.

Any time you view a website it is likely that the site pulls in content from other sites to render the page. Every one of those sites will appear in your website data.

Similar questions

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 22, 2020 5:20 PM in response to daegan128

Your phone can’t get a virus. It’s in your website data because at some point since the last time you cleared website data (which might have been years ago) either you used it or a text, email, or perhaps another website embedded it. It’s nothing to worry about. There are probably dozens or hundreds of URLs in your website data that you don’t recognize.

Any time you view a website it is likely that the site pulls in content from other sites to render the page. Every one of those sites will appear in your website data.

Website data glitch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.