Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

hp Deskjet F335 won't print after upgrading to Catalina 10.15.7

Looking for a solution to the Stopped - 'Filter' failed error when attempting to print to an HP Deskjet F335 all-in one printer after upgrading to Catalina 10.15.7. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the printer and updating the driver but nothing works.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 22, 2020 8:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 23, 2020 9:17 AM

I've spent several hours on this issue with Apple support. Alas, it appears that HP's driver code signing is out of date and until HP provides a new version of their driver, you won't be able to print with this version of Catalina. Your only option is to downgrade to another version of MacOSX, but this will create other problems.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 23, 2020 9:17 AM in response to derick155

I've spent several hours on this issue with Apple support. Alas, it appears that HP's driver code signing is out of date and until HP provides a new version of their driver, you won't be able to print with this version of Catalina. Your only option is to downgrade to another version of MacOSX, but this will create other problems.

Oct 23, 2020 2:23 PM in response to derick155

The only workaround that's worked so far for me is to use an old computer as a print server.

I can't print via the HP driver, generic PCL, generic IPP, PostScript.

What I can do is flip open an old Mac running a pre-2014 HP driver on Mac OS 10.9, and share the printer for my newer Macs.

That's done in System Preferences>Sharing on the old computer. You can turn on Printer Sharing for as many printers as you like.

On the new computer, make a new printer and select the shared printer, which will be the name on the old Mac "@" the name of the old Mac. Use the appropriate HP driver.

I get all the same printer features!

I'm printing to my HP CLJ3600. Your mileage may vary.

hp Deskjet F335 won't print after upgrading to Catalina 10.15.7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.