Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Family Screen Time Settings reset intermittently and automatically on child's device

I have set up Family Screen Time for 3 of my children's Apple ID. For 2 of them, Down Time, App Limits, Content & Privacy Restrictions work flawlessly on their phones and iPad. But the 3rd child's AppleID, which I added to my Family recently does not work properly.

Intermittently, all Screen Time settings on her phones, e.g. Down Time, App Limits, Content & Privacy Restrictions just got reset automatically to no restriction. This happens once every few days, or some times a few times in a day. I am sure the child is not playing some trick because I witness this issue happening while her phone was in my possession. Also, she would always come to me and report that she suddenly can now play games without any limits at any time.

Has anyone anyone else experienced this issue and found a way to sort it out?

iPhone XS, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 22, 2020 9:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 27, 2020 8:21 PM

I have found the root cause and fixed the issue.

Apparently my Apple ID country/region settings was not applied properly. I tried to fix it by changing to another region and changed back to US again. Everything is working just fine now.

Thanks @bailier for your time

Similar questions

2 replies

Oct 27, 2020 3:02 PM in response to disciplined_trader

Greetings, disciplined_trader.

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. Family Sharing screen time is an important tool, and being able to monitor your children’s usage is vital, so we can understand why you’d want to resolve the issue with Screen Time not working as expected on one child’s device. 

To start, please ensure that your 3rd child’s iPhone is up-to-date: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch 

If so, review the following resource and ensure that Screen Time is set up as expected on the device in question. Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch 

If you continue to have issues with Screen Time, consider answering the following questions. 

• Which iPhone is being used?
  • Do all other aspects of Family Sharing work as expected?
  • Does this occur on Wi-Fi and cellular?

All the best.

Family Screen Time Settings reset intermittently and automatically on child's device

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.