Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I upgrade my Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.8

Yes can I upgrade my Mac OS X Snow Leopard

Posted on Oct 23, 2020 5:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 23, 2020 7:13 AM

Click here and download El Capitan. If your computer is too old or you're going to stop upgrading at Lion, choose About this Mac from the Apple menu, check if the computer has at least a Core 2 Duo CPU(Xeon Macs are compatible, but Core Duo ones aren't) and 2GB of RAM, and if it does, order a download code.

Back up your data and check your applications for compatibility before upgrading. In particular, Mac OS X 10.7 and newer don't support PowerPC programs such as versions of Microsoft Office prior to 2008.

(184993)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 23, 2020 7:13 AM in response to hedley4722

Click here and download El Capitan. If your computer is too old or you're going to stop upgrading at Lion, choose About this Mac from the Apple menu, check if the computer has at least a Core 2 Duo CPU(Xeon Macs are compatible, but Core Duo ones aren't) and 2GB of RAM, and if it does, order a download code.

Back up your data and check your applications for compatibility before upgrading. In particular, Mac OS X 10.7 and newer don't support PowerPC programs such as versions of Microsoft Office prior to 2008.

(184993)

Can I upgrade my Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.