Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 14.1 software update wifi issue with iPhone

Has anyone else experienced difficulties connecting to their wifi network on their iPhone after updating their iPhone software to iOS 14.1?

I had no problems whatsoever on iOS 14 connectivity with my wifi network on my iPhone until I updated my iPhone software to iOS 14.1.

iPhone SE, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 23, 2020 7:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 23, 2020 9:47 AM

Canadiancustomer wrote:

Has anyone else experienced difficulties connecting to their wifi network on their iPhone after updating their iPhone software to iOS 14.1?
I had no problems whatsoever on iOS 14 connectivity with my wifi network on my iPhone until I updated my iPhone software to iOS 14.1.

No, do this settings > general > reset > reset network settings. Will need to reinput known wifi passwords again.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 23, 2020 9:47 AM in response to Canadiancustomer

Canadiancustomer wrote:

No, do this settings > general > reset > reset network settings. Will need to reinput known wifi passwords again.

Oct 25, 2020 2:23 PM in response to Canadiancustomer

I first got a message my Wi-Fi and phone service would not work until I updated to 14.1. I updated, then got a "verifying update" message that would not end. After letting it idle for hours like this I finally contacted Apple. Tried the hard shut down which would not work. Nothing would shut the phone off. Was told to make an appt. to have tech fix. That was going to take 4 days. Let the phones battery run completely to the point it shut the phone off and in the morning re-booted it. Had to re-do the update. But now it is working fine. Long process.

iOS 14.1 software update wifi issue with iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.