Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The page number position only gives me one option: in the middle, but I want it to the right side

I am working with a letterhead and the only option for a page number is at the top in the middle. I want to move it to the right side on the top. Do you have any suggestions for me?

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Oct 23, 2020 10:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 23, 2020 6:31 PM

It turns out that if you are using the Contemporary Letter, there is a text box containing "FROM THE DESK OF" that is overlaying the header location. Click on that text box, and drag it vertically above the header, click in the right segment of the header to insert the page number, and then move the text box back down in its original position.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 23, 2020 6:31 PM in response to jugreenman

It turns out that if you are using the Contemporary Letter, there is a text box containing "FROM THE DESK OF" that is overlaying the header location. Click on that text box, and drag it vertically above the header, click in the right segment of the header to insert the page number, and then move the text box back down in its original position.

The page number position only gives me one option: in the middle, but I want it to the right side

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.